Wednesday 7 November 2012

DAY 3 SAKAI FISH FARM

Well it really was a day for Sankes.My primary focus is to choose koi with growth potentail.I will occasionally select a cheaper pretty koi,but when one goes to Sakai it has to be to try and select fish that have a good chance to grow to jumbo(80cm+).Of course the skin quality is important and ,regardless of judging guidelines, pattern has to play a part.Obviously to find a Sakai koi with all 3 components can become a very costly exercise!

Below are some of the koi I will bringing home at the end of this month-I am happy with my choices and the prices I paid.


All the below koi-except one-are nissai between 56-62cm!
















Tomorrow I will be at Beppu Farm helping Takaharu and his brother harvest their jumbo mud pond-with some of the koi over 90cm it should be a lot of fun-will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment