Tuesday 6 November 2012

DAY 2- SAKAI FISH FARM

Very busy day!Arrived to enjoy Sakai's last mud pond harvest-Big Rose Sankes and a few Kohakus.

Managed to find some stunning Sankes-unfortunately the Kohakus were not as impressive.Kentaro was really busy with a bunch of Japanese dealers so I reserved the koi and will get pictures and prices in the morning.

I did however get some pictures of 2 tosai that I bought for customers in March at the Sakai Spring Auction.Due to the very limited budget we had to spend we went with big bodies (Big Rose) and gambled a bit with the sumi.I was thrilled today to see the results after a bit more than 7 months:-

The first tosai came out at 60cm,and the underlying sumi came through well-of course her body is great!The first pic was from the Auction (please excuse the rushed picture),the next today:-









The second Sanke came out at 63cm-the size of many sansais!!The sumi had more to do,but is coming through well and her body is magnificent!You can compare her size against the gum boots.





Tomorrow is going to be extremely busy as I have to finalise all my deals and then get pics of the new koi plus find and get pics of my Shining Rose nissai I left to grow on and pics of the Open Sales and Auction koi I bought last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment