Tuesday 1 January 2013

OGATA IZAMIYA OGONS.

Manabu Ogata-owner of Ogata Koi Farm- worked for 6 years for Izamiya in Niigata before staring his own farm.Since then he has a very good relationship with Izamiya-even taking on Izamiya's son for a few years as an apprentice.

Everyone known that Izamiya producers the best Yamabuki Ogons in Japan.Every year Ogata buys a few thousand of his frys and grows them on to be sold.

Three years ago I bought a good quality sansai Yamabuki from Ogata.When I bowled the koi yesterday she measured over 90cm and I was very impressed with the quality of her body and in particular her lustre.



I have always had a soft spot for his ogons and this year I purchased a few of his better nisai to sell and also grow on.


Another of his varieties I am fond of are his Chagois.I bought these 2 in March as tategoi nisai.Now both are sansai and 72cm and 74cm respectivley! 80cm as yonsai? Very possibly since I have now moved them to the new 90 ton pond.




During his recent Auction in November I managed to buy his 2 best nisai for my customer-they are also in the 90 ton pond for a year of growth.




We will see how these Chagoi progress over the next 12 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment